________________________

[This project has been discontinued due to license compliance issues. Thanks everyone who assisted with your ideas and feedback.]

About

  • What is this? - this was a project dedicated to building an up-to-date collection of great, free portable software for easy installation and use.
  • What's in it? - list of included freeware
Releases
  • v. 1.3 beta - note that this release is over a year old and contains very out-of-date software. I haven't worked out how to solve licensing issues. Download

NEWS

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Programs added, subtracted, and updated

Added
  • Everything is a terrific search tool that I added almost immediately to the archive. Anything faster than LookDisk is very welcome. More info on this program soon, as well as some customizations I figured out.
Subtracted
  • Threw out the MLA generator. Programs like Zotero have killed any need for this.
  • Replaced GNUCash with Money Manager Ex. Both programs are fully GPL'd and Money Manager is a little cleaner. I'm still not sure which I prefer but I decided space and fewer files was an advantage so I swapped.
  • DeepBurner - didn't seem to work as well as other programs and certainly less updated.
Updated
  • 7-zip
  • SMPlayer
  • xpass
  • Bonkenc (NOT the portableapps.com version)
  • Toucan

No comments: