- Set the homepage to Scroogle (https://ssl.scroogle.org/) ... not as pretty, but much more secure.
- Added firefox plugins:
- Locationbar2 - really simple anti-phishing trick
- BetterPrivacy - an advanced cookie cleaner
- Panic Button - quickly minimize firefox to help prevent shoulder-surfing. Set the icon to something that looks like a minimize button, which seemed to make more sense.
- For simplicity, I put up the "temporarily allow this page" button up for the NoScript plugin. This allows users to -- if they decide they trust a page -- to allow the website to fully render.
- Just for consistency put the Adblock Plus (for disabling ads) and TorButton (for anonymous browsing) in the top bar as well.
[This project has been discontinued due to license compliance issues. Thanks everyone who assisted with your ideas and feedback.]
- What is this? - this was a project dedicated to building an up-to-date collection of great, free portable software for easy installation and use.
- What's in it? - list of included freeware
- v. 1.3 beta - note that this release is over a year old and contains very out-of-date software. I haven't worked out how to solve licensing issues. Download
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Changes to Firefox - Secure
WoT (Web of Trust), but for right now here are some updates: