________________________

[This project has been discontinued due to license compliance issues. Thanks everyone who assisted with your ideas and feedback.]

About

  • What is this? - this was a project dedicated to building an up-to-date collection of great, free portable software for easy installation and use.
  • What's in it? - list of included freeware
Releases
  • v. 1.3 beta - note that this release is over a year old and contains very out-of-date software. I haven't worked out how to solve licensing issues. Download

NEWS

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Updates: program start and blog

I decided I hated reading the old blog format so I'm trying another, much cleaner one. You like?

As for the portable archive, I generated some BAT files that I then converted into EXE format.

Contents of batch file (thanks to m^(2))
@start "" "%~dp0pstart210\pstart.exe"
@set path=%~dp0dll;%path%

CoSince some users won't want the system shortcuts or CAFE program, I put those in a separate EXE file called Extras. Here are its contents:
@start "" "%~dp0cafe-manage_associations\cafe.exe"
@start "" "%~dp0HotKeyz\HotKeyz.exe"
Unfortunately the created file comes up as a virus on ClamAV (but no other antivirus program). Sigh.

No comments: