________________________

[This project has been discontinued due to license compliance issues. Thanks everyone who assisted with your ideas and feedback.]

About

  • What is this? - this was a project dedicated to building an up-to-date collection of great, free portable software for easy installation and use.
  • What's in it? - list of included freeware
Releases
  • v. 1.3 beta - note that this release is over a year old and contains very out-of-date software. I haven't worked out how to solve licensing issues. Download

NEWS

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Recent Kitchen Sink support experiences

All the following programs are readily available in the Kitchen Sink.  I'm merely linking to their original sites for reference.
  • Revo Uninstaller - the real star of the Support tools category, this program did an amazing job of pulling several notoriously hard to remove AOL programs off a very old computer.  I love this program.
  • StartUpLite - probably the best program in the Portable Freeware archive simply because of the memory and processor cycles saved over time.  For me, its just nice to have clear explanations behind a program that wants to remove auto-starting programs.  Has saved me huge time and effort researching weird programs I find on user machines.  I hope the authors keep up this excellent program.  A less descriptive but still cool program is of course Startup Control Panel.
  • MV Registry Clean - Extensive testing of this program over time has just caused problems so I'm actively looking for another registry cleaner program that's not so destructive.  EasyCleaner has a regcleaner tool, as does CCleaner although I haven't tested them as thoroughly.  CCleaner has a fantastic reputation so that's probably going to be my #2.

No comments: